What is Slow the Flow Colorado?
Slow the Flow Colorado is a free sprinkler inspection program available to Arvada water customers. Residents, HOA’s and commercial properties are all eligible. The sprinkler inspections - also known as irrigation audits - are conducted by trained water auditors.
Why should I participate?
- It’s a professional service provided at no charge to you, with substantial benefits to your landscape
- Receive a customized watering schedule for a green, long-lasting landscape - for free!
- Learn practical, easy, do-it-yourself sprinkler maintenance
- Learn how to maximize the life of your system
- Do your part to conserve Colorado’s water!
- Learn how to improve your systems performance
How much does the inspection cost?
Nothing. The City of Arvada has partnered with the CRC to make this popular program free.
How long will it take?
The entire process will take about 2 hours.
When can I get an inspection?
Inspections run from mid May until August annually.
Who will do the inspection?
Professionally-trained water auditors scheduled by the Center for ReSource Conservation (CRC).
What happens at the inspection?
A sprinkler inspection includes the following:
- A visual inspection to pinpoint any problems in your sprinkler system
- Tests to measure the precipitation rate of your sprinkler system
- Tests to determine how evenly the water is covering the intended area
- Soil sample to determine root depth and soil type
What will I get after the inspection?
You will receive a customized watering schedule as well as recommendations and tips to make your sprinkler system more effective and efficient. Plus get resources for improving your landscape and keep it beautiful and healthy.
Steps To a Free Inspection
1. Review your eligibility
If you receive water from the City of Arvada AND you have an operating underground irrigation system, you are eligible.
2. Request an Inspection
Online: Complete the request form online at: www.ConservationCenter.org
Phone: (303) 999-3820 x217
3. Schedule an Inspection
Upon receipt of your request you will be contacted to set up an individual 2-hour appointment with a trained water auditor at your home.