Standard Watering Guidelines
- Water no more than three days per week (there are no assigned days).
- Do not water lawns between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Do not waste water by allowing it to pool in gutters, streets and alleys.
- Do not waste water by letting it spray on concrete and asphalt.
- Repair leaking sprinkler systems within 10 days.
- Do not water while it is raining or during high winds.
- Use a day of rain to skip watering.
- Only water the areas of your yard that are dry. For example, if shady areas look fine, only water the dry areas that get the most sun exposure.
- Water two minutes less.
To help save water, the City of Arvada asks customers to pay close attention to the weather and their landscapes and only water when necessary.