As of July 2018, there are no water restrictions in place for Arvada water customers; however, in the ongoing effort to conserve water, the City of Arvada does recommend the following:
Standard Watering Guidelines
- Water no more than three days per week (there are no assigned days).
- Do not water lawns between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Do not waste water by allowing it to pool in gutters, streets and alleys.
- Do not waste water by letting it spray on concrete and asphalt.
- Repair leaking sprinkler systems within 10 days.
- Do not water while it is raining or during high winds.
- Pay close attention to the weather. If it rains, skip watering that day.
- Water the areas of your yard that get the most sun exposure. Shady areas require less water.
- Decrease your watering time by a minute or two per section. Even small amounts of water conservation add up.
Seasonal Water Conservation Programs
Each spring, the City of Arvada partners with Resource Central to offer water saving programs to Arvada water customers. Programs include $25 discounts on Garden-In-A-Box kits and free Water-Wise Landscape Seminars. Programs run from March thru May. Plese check back early next year for 2019 program information.
Wondering About Watering in City Parks?
The City occasionally receives calls asking why we sometimes water parks during restricted hours. For information about the Parks watering system/schedule, visit arvada.org/city-parks-watering-during-daylight-hours-what-gives.