Composting is the controlled biological decomposition of organic matter, such as food and yard wastes, into humus, a soil-like material. Composting is nature's way of recycling organic matter into new soil used in vegetable and flower gardens, landscaping and more.
Did you know that:
- Bags of grass clippings can take up to 45% of the space in trash trucks.
- Lawns are most healthy when mowed at 21/2 to 3 inches
- Grass clippings add nutrients when left on the lawn.
- Core aerating your lawn will avoid thatch.
1) Mulching your grass using a mulching blade on your lawn mower.
2) Composting your grass and leaves at home along with appropriate kitchen waste.
For more information, call us at 720-898-7500.