Hey teens! Do you have an interest in Law Enforcement as a possible career choice? Have you ever wondered how officers process a crime scene? Ever wondered what it's like to search a building? Join us for the Teen Police Academy!
2017 Annual Teen Academy
Teen academy will be June 5-9, 2017! Designed specifically for high school students, this five-day academy will give you an interactive look at police work.
You will have the unique opportunity to learn about several topics such as:
- Building searches
- Crime scene investigation
You will also get hands-on opportunity to test your driving ability in a marked patrol car and process a mock crime scene.
All classes are taught by Arvada police officers.
The five-day academy will be held at locations throughout Arvada. Classes begin at 8 a.m. ending around 4 p.m.
How to Apply and Participate
- Have a valid Colorado driver's license
- You must be 16 - 18 year of age
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA or higher
- Register by deadline
- The cost is $25
Please get permission from your parent or guardian before beginning the application process. You need their consent to fill out the online application and have your application processed.
- Fill out the online Teen Academy Application
- Download, print, and sign the Application Signature Page (PDF) (Consent Form). Your parent or guardian needs to sign it, too.
- Pay your application fee.
Apply by Mail or In Person
- Download, print, and fill out the 2017 Teen Academy Application (PDF)
- You and your parent or guardian must sign the application signature page (consent form).
- Follow the direction provided on the form. You can mail your application in to the address provided, along with your application fee.
Who to Contact
If you have any trouble with the application process, please contact Alicia Montero at the Arvada Police Department.
- Applications will be processed in the order in which they are received.
- Students attending any of the Arvada high schools (Arvada, Arvada West, Pomona, Ralston Valley, Faith Christian) will receive priority over non-Arvada residents.
Registration and Payment
- Make checks payable to the City of Arvada.
- All interested students will be contacted prior to the Academy with specifics about their participation.
- Attendance of all five days is a requirement for successful graduation from the academy.
- Each participant will receive a Teen Academy T-shirt, graduation plaque and reference materials.