The Arvada Police Department has meeting rooms at our two Community Stations which are available for use, free of charge. These stations are located at:
- Lake Arbor Station is located at 8198 Vance Dr., Arvada, CO 80003
- West Woods Station is located at 6644 Kendrick Dr,, Arvada, CO 80007
If you are interested in reserving the room, please download and return the attached reservation request.
Policy for Use: City of Arvada Police Department Community Rooms
- The Community Rooms are intended primarily to provide public meeting space for Arvada citizens and groups to engage in activities and programs which are open to the public and of public interest to the residents of the City of Arvada and their invitees.
The Community Rooms are not intended for private commercial business use, including such use as display of goods for sale.
- Organizations and individuals may reserve a Community Room up to two months in advance by calling the community stations at the numbers listed above. The city will not accept standing reservations for more than four dates per month. If the meeting is to be held outside of normal working hours, a proxy card for room entry must be obtained from the Sector Commander or appointed representative prior to the meeting. If the meeting is held on the weekend the proxy card must be signed out before 2 p.m. on Friday afternoon. When the meeting is over, the proxy card must be placed in the black drop box at the back of the room.
- Availability of the Community Rooms varies upon availability of adequate staff.
- All meetings must remain open to City of Arvada staff members.
- Admission or fees may not be charged except in the case of course tuition charged by a non-profit organization. Non-profit organizations charging tuition or fees must submit to the City proof of non-profit classification with its application. Gifts and contributions may not be solicited by an individual or group using the Community Room.
- There must be adequate adult supervision for all usage.
- The applicant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the City of Arvada for any injuries to participants or damage to equipment/supplies occurring during rental hours.
- The use of this facility does not constitute the endorsement by the City of Arvada of:
- Any organization or group
- The beliefs of any organization or group
- The expression of any opinion regarding the nomination, retention, election, or defeat of any
- The expression of any opinion regarding the passage or defeat of any issue.candidate, or;
- The expression of any opinion regarding the passage or defeat of any issue.
Facilities and Equipment
- The City of Arvada will provide tables and chairs, but will not supply audio visual equipment, easels, etc. The room can accommodate approximately 40 people (30 chairs).
- Kitchen facilities are not available; groups may bring in beverages and snacks. Absolutely no alcoholic beverages will be permitted.
- The applicant is financially responsible to the City of Arvada for any and all damage resulting from the use of the room and City facilities. Excessive wear to city equipment and/or facilities caused by participants may require a damage fee. Persons using City facilities must confine themselves to the room reserved for their use and to the time approved for their use. Areas must be vacated at the end of the requested period.
- All areas and facilities must be left in the condition in which they were found. This includes: cleaning up equipment, replacing chairs, picking up the trash, etc.
- Placement of signage or equipment on City property by users of the room will not be permitted.
- If set-up and/or clean-up of facility is performed by a City employee, a fee of $10 per hour will be charged.
- All applications must be completed electronically or permanent ink pen, and submitted at least two weeks prior to the requested date of use.
- Applications must be signed by the individual or an officer of the organization requesting use and the signing applicant must agree to pay any fees assessed pursuant to the terms of the room rental policy. A self-addressed envelope or reply email must be furnished by the applicant for return of the applicant's approved copy of the application.
- On the date and time of approved facility use, the applicant must submit a copy of the completed facility use application to the Station Commander or appointed representative if so requested. The supervisor is required to deny use of the building unless a properly approved application is surrendered.
- Notice of at least 24 hours must be given to the facility supervisor when canceling a meeting.
- The City of Arvada reserves the right to cancel this agreement at any time. A 24-hour notice will be given to the applicant, when possible.
- The use and/or possession of alcoholic beverages by any person or group in city facilities is prohibited. Smoking is also prohibited in the facilities.
- The use of the facility will be denied if:
- The group is advancing any doctrine or theory subversive to the Constitution or laws of the United States or the State of Colorado.
- The group advocates social or political change by violence.
- Participants misuse or abuse building facilities or the area surrounding the facilities, or;
- The activity is a private social function which is closed to the general public.