Battle of the Badges
Arvada Police and the Arvada Fire Department are teaming up with Bonfils Blood Center for a friendly "Battle of the Badges" blood drive.
When and Where
- From July 1 through July 31, donors at all Bonfils community blood centers and Bonfils mobile drives may participate in the "Battle of the Badges", casting their votes for Team Fire or Team Law in a friendly competition.
To make donating even easier, the Arvada Police and Arvada Fire Departments have teamed up to host two donation events.
- Thursday, July 13, 7:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. Arvada Fire Training Center; 6651 Indiana Street
- Friday, July 28, 8 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Arvada Police Headquarters, 8101 Ralston Road (north lot)
Register for an Appointment
Donors may visit the Bonfils website and make an appointment at either blood drive, or at one of their permanent locations. To select the blood drive, enter the date of the drive and zip code, then select the specific drive you want to attend. www.bonfils.org/badges
- Donations tend to drop off by nearly 20% during the summer months.
- School and office blood drives are not as frequent due to vacations, but patient need is steady throughout the year.
- It takes more than 3,000 blood donations each week to meet the needs of patients in our region and to be ready for unexpected events.
- It takes about 48 hours for a blood donation to reach a patient.
Having an available blood supply already on the shelf helps save or enhance patients' lives in an emergency. That's why it's so crucial to ensure a safe and ready supply every day!
What's In it for You?
The winner of the competition will ultimately be Bonfils Blood Centers and the patients who need blood to save their lives. In addition to knowing you are helping the Bonfils Blood Centers and patients with a life-saving need, participants will also receive a Noodles & Company voucher, good for $5 off an order of $10 or more. This coupon is good through August 11, 2017.