Skip Main Navigation
Skip to Content

Online Reports for Minor Accidents

In an effort to make reporting minor accidents quicker, easier and more convenient for drivers the Arvada Police Department is referring citizens to the Colorado State Patrol's online accident reporting system.  As of July 1, 2009, the Arvada Police Department will stop taking over-the-counter accident reports on a walk-in basis. 

Now, if a citizen is involved in a minor accident in the City of Arvada, they should visit within 30 days to file an accident report. 


Open Crash.State.Co.Us



This method of accident reporting may be used

  • if the driver(s) of the vehicle(s) involved have been told by a law enforcement official to file a counter report; or,
  • if an accident alert was in effect at the time the accident occurred;
  • or if minor accident occurred on private property.

The following conditions must be met to file an online accident report:

  • Damage under $1,000
  • No injuries
  • Vehicles are drivable
  • Parties have insurance
  • No suspicion of alcohol/drug use by driver

The report can be filed using any computer with Internet access. 

If the citizen does not have a home computer, most local libraries have free Internet access that can be used to file the report.  Also, consider the use of any number of "Internet cafés" in the area.