Fall Citizen's Police Academy Now Enrolling
- Every Tuesday between August 16 and October 25
- First class is 6-9 p.m., subsequent classes are 6:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Have you ever wanted to learn more about your Arvada Police Department? You can by attending the Arvada Police Department’s Citizens Police Academy (CPA).
CPA instructors include police officers and other police department employees who lecture, teach and provide hands-on participation in such areas as traffic stops, crime scene investigation, building searches and officer survival. Other topics covered include internal affairs, media relations, preserving evidence, SWAT and dispatch. One of the most exciting aspects of the CPA is an optional ride-along with a police officer.
Class size is limited, so complete your application early. If you have any questions, please call Alicia Montero at 720.898.6660.
Two academy classes (spring and fall) are held each year.
"I did this course in 2013 and have been a part of CPAAA ever since! It's a FANTASTIC program!" -JoAnn R.
Apply to the Citizen's Police Academy
To ensure acceptance in the Arvada Police Citizen Police Academy, Please complete the following application and registration process:
- Step 1) Application - Please fill out the online Citizen's Police Academy application form that follows. Fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are required to submit the form.
- Step 2) Letter of Acceptance - Once your application has been processed and accepted, you will then be sent a Letter of Acceptance approximately two weeks prior to the start of class. This letter will provide you with the beginning date, time and location of the first class.
- Step 3) Participant's Permit/Promise to Release - Along with the letter of acceptance, you will receive the "Participant's Permit/Promise to Release" form. You will need to thoroughly read this form then date and sign the bottom. Once you have completed this, please remember to bring this form with you to the first night of the class.