Join us on August 1, all day, at Steuben's in Arvada to support Arvada's Day of Service!
The City of Arvada's first Day of Service in 2016 drew 140 volunteers from all over Arvada. Our goal for 2017 is to grow the program to make sure those in our community who are unable to perform home repairs can enjoy a home that is warm, dry and safe.
Volunteer for Arvada's Day of Service
Beginning Friday, July 28, you can regsiter to Be A Tool for Arvada's 2nd annual Day of Service to be held Saturday, September 16, 2017; Times and locations TBD
We invite you to bring the whole family or service group for a day of giving back in Arvada. Volunteers will receive breakfast, lunch and a "I'm A Tool" t-shirt for volunteering!
- Will I need to bring tools? NO, you do not need to bring tools, but if you have a tool box you'd like to bring, it may come in handy!
- Do I need specific skills to participate? NO, but if you have some specific skills, let us know! We may tap into them!
- How long should I expect to work at the site? We would love to have you from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., but we will gladly accept your help for however long you can join us!
- If we sign up as a group, can we work together? Yes!
- Will food and beverages be provided? Yes!
- What type of volunteer work is needed?
- Light yard work and clean-up
- Painting, moving supplies, runner
- Experience with power tools, basic building
- Skilled construction, design and execution of projects
Day of Service is a national holiday created by Congress to honor the victims and survivors of the 9/11 attack. The City of Arvada and the Neighborhood Rehab Project partner to serve residents who need help with home repairs. The program supports several small projects throughout the year and culminates with A Day of Service. Visit the Neighborhood Rehab Project website.