Bring out the blankets and popcorn, enjoy a movie under the stars, and promote a deeper sense of community in your own neighborhood. Choose a family-friendly film like "E.T.", "Despicable Me," "Wizard of Oz," etc. and make some great memories!
Just reserve the equipment and make arrangements to pick it up and return it to us at City Hall. The program, available to Arvad residents and our partners (APEX, Jeffco Schools, etc.)., includes:
- 12 Foot inflatable screen
- DVD player (Not a Blue Ray, has HDMI Cable)
- Sound system
- Extension cords
- Sorry, you have to provide your own movie!
Reserve the Neighborhood Movie Package
Select a day for your neighborhood movie below. Come to City Hall (Neighborhood Services) at 8101 Ralston Road between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. to pick up the equipment. The equipment must be returned by noon the following day so others can use it. If you want the neighborhood movie on a Saturday or Sunday you need to book it for the preceeding Friday and return the equipment on Monday as there is no staff available on the weekend.
There is no cost for the movie package. The movie package is reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
You must click the final acceptance on what looks like a confirmation page. If you do not get a confirmation email, the reservation did not take.
Plan Your Event
- Choose a date, time and location. Think midweek including Monday-Thursday. Most people have greater availability during the week than on a weekend; you will draw a larger crowd since you are not competing with weekend activities. Think sunset for your official movie start time.
- Movie choice is critical to the success of your community function and probably the most difficult process of this whole community event idea. Visit www.commonsencemedia.org for a top ten listing based on age groups.
- Promote your outdoor movie event with the entire neighborhood. The more that attend the better, and there is no cost increase (unless you provide refreshments). Print out flyers and distribute throughout the neighborhood two weeks prior to your scheduled neighborhood movie night. Post on FaceBook and other social media outlets.
- A few days prior to the neighborhood event, distribute flyers to the doors of your neighbors - Movie Night Tomorrow!
Community Event Ideas
- Backyard movies
- "Dive-in" or pool event
- Football parties
- School fundraisers
- Parks and Recreation events
- Apartment community night
The use of the Neighborhood Movie Program does not grant the user any rights to make use of or display copyrighted material, nor does it constitute approval of such actions. If you have questions regarding licensing options you may visit www.mplc.org .
You must set up the equipment on private property. If you want to use a City park, you will need to apply for a Special Event Permit. Don't forget to reserve a pavilion at the same time if you need one!
If you need additional information, call 720-898-7445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.