The City of Arvada maintains and operates over 100 traffic signals and nearly 120 school zone flashers throughout the City.
New traffic signals are installed in the City based upon criteria that was established nationally and adopted by the City in the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices. The criteria include minimum vehicular and/or pedestrian volumes and traffic crash experience. The City reviews intersections that might warrant the installation of a traffic signal every year. If intersections meet the criteria for a signal, it is then prioritized for future construction.
To report traffic signal concerns and problems on city-owned roadways, please submit a service request or contact the Engineering Division at 720-898-7740 during business hours. To report a malfunctioning traffic signal after normal business hours call the Arvada police department at 720-898-6900.
The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) maintains and operates traffic signals on State-owned roadways including:
- Wadsworth Boulevard from I-70 to 88th Avenue and Wadsworth Bypass (Colorado State Highway 121)
- Sheridan Boulevard from I-70 to 88th Avenue (Colorado State Highway 95)
- Ward Road from I-70 to W. 64th Avenue (Colorado State Highway 72)
- W. 64th Avenue from Ward Road to Indiana (Colorado State Highway 72)
- Indiana Street from W. 64th Avenue to W. 86th Parkway (Colorado State Highway 72)
- Colorado State Highway 72 from Indiana west through Coal Creek Canyon
- Colorado State Highway 93
To report a problem on State-owned signals please call CDOT at 303-757-9011.