Beginning this spring, the City of Arvada will be working with the contractor Jalisco International, Inc. to widen the intersection at Indiana Street (Colorado Highway 72) and 72nd Avene. Planned intersection enhancements will improve the safety and functionality of the intersection. This project will raise the profile of the roadway to improve drainage, upgrade the traffic signal and provide additional capacity through the intersection. The new intersection layout has been designed to accommodate future traffic volumes. Two lanes in each direction will be provided through the intersection and Indiana Street will be widened to accommodate double left-turn lanes in both directions. Other project improvements include:
- New sidewalks and on-street bike lanes
- Undergrounding utilities
- Water line replacement
- Storm sewer upgrades
- Bridge expansion on 72nd Avenue over Croke Canal
What to Expect
In order to minimize traffic impacts, the project will be constructed in phases.
- Motorists should expect shoulder closures in May expanding to intermittent lane closures with alternating traffic as work progresses through the summer.
- Lane closures will be limited to off-peak hours (8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.).
- One lane in each direction will be provided when work is not occurring and whenever possible during working hours.
- Occasional night and weekend work is expected.
- A speed limit reduction to 30 mph is anticipated and fines are double within the work zone.
The project is weather-dependent and the schedule is subject to change. Project completion is expected in May 2019.
Plans to improve the intersection have been in development since 2013. This $7-million project is funded through the City’s Capital Improvement Project Fund.
Project hotline: 720-900-8670; project email: email@example.com.
To be added to the project notification list for future project updates, send a request to the firstname.lastname@example.org.