RTD will be soon begin running commuter rail trains along the G Line as part of the testing and safety inspection program. Train operators are required to sound horns along the line until the Quiet Zones at the crossings are approved by regulatory agencies.
Important safety tips for you and your family:
- Do not try to touch or throw objects at the overhead power lines or climb on the power poles — they are powered with 25,000 volts of electricity!
- Never trespass on any train track — it is illegal and dangerous.
- Cross the tracks only at designated crossings, always follow safety signage and obey warning devices like flashing red lights and gate arms.
- Stay alert and look both ways for a train — you may not hear them coming.
- Stay off station platforms until they are open to the public.
For after-hour emergencies, please call 303-299-3911. For additional information, please contact RTD at 303-299-6000 or visit www.rtd-denver.com.
- Train Horns: RTD 303-299-6000
- Crossing Gate Malfunctions: 303-299-3911
- After-hour Emergencies: 800-848-8715
- Construction Related Updates: RTD-FasTracks.com
Power lines along the G Line (Gold Line) are turned on. These wires hold 25,000 volts of electricity and can be extremely dangerous. RTD asks everyone to please stay away from the tracks and the wires, and never try to touch or throw anything at them. Trespassing in active work zones is illegal and can be dangerous.