August 19, 2016: G Line trains are on the tracks for testing every day between the hours of 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. During testing, train horns will be sounding and traffic delays can be expected. Find out who to contact and get more updates at G Line Updates →.
Grand Opening Info
Sponsorship Opportunities Available!
Are you interested in becoming a sponsor at one of the three grand opening celebrations?
Celebrations and Ceremonies
Grand opening events will include celebrations and ceremonies conducted by both RTD and the City of Arvada.
City of Arvada Events Saturday, Oct 29 (Tentative)
- Station Parties - Open to the Public: The City of Arvada along with community partners Red Rocks Community College, the Olde Town Business Improvement District, and the Arvada Economic Development Association will host grand opening parties at each of our three stations: Arvada Ridge, Olde Town, and Gold Strike.
- VIP Reception: This event will be held in late October (tentative). Please note that this event is by invitation only; the VIP Reception is not open to the public.
- Ribbon Cutting (and Free Rides!) - Open to the Public: Ribbon cutting ceremonies at each station will be held in late October (tentative). On ribbon cutting day, there will be free rides on the G Line all day!
Are you a member of the media? Contact City of Arvada Communication Director Maria VanderKolk 720-898-7507
Fares & Schedules
For information on G Line rail fares, schedules and connections, visit the RTD G Line website.
Gold Strike StationInfo: Gold Strike Station
Address: 5880 Sheridan Frontage Rd
Parking: 330 Spaces
Travel Time to Union Station: 13 Minutes
Olde Town HubInfo: Olde Town Hub
Address: 7510 Grandview Ave.
Parking: 600 Spaces
Travel Time to Union Station: 17 Minutes
Arvada Ridge StationInfo: Arvada Ridge Station
Address: 10189 W. 53rd Ave.
Parking: 200 Spaces
Travel Time to Union Station: 20 Minutes
- The 11.2-mile electric commuter rail line will connect Denver’s Union Station to Wheat Ridge, serving northwest Denver, Adams County and Arvada.
- Three of the eight G Line stations are in Arvada: Gold Strike, Olde Town and Arvada Ridge (for more information on each station, visit station pages).
- The G Line will be scheduled daily from 4 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. During peak times, trains will run every 15 minutes. For information on G Line rail fares, schedules and connections, visit the RTD G Line website.
The G Line is part of RTD’s 2004 voter-approved FasTracks plan to expand transit across the Denver metro region Read the 2016 RTD FasTracks Fact Sheet (PDF) and is part of a larger project called the Eagle P3 project which includes the East Corridor transit line to Denver International Airport. The G Line is an 11.2-mile electric commuter rail transit line that will connect Denver Union Station to Wheat Ridge, passing through northwest Denver, Adams County and Arvada. There are eight stations: Denver Union Station, 41st/Fox, Pecos, Federal, Gold Strike, Olde Town Arvada, Arvada Ridge and Ward Road.
If you see a construction hazard after hours, please call 1-855-324-5373. For other contacts, please see Who to Contact on G Line Updates.