RTD is currently testing along the G Line between the approximate hours of 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. Horns are sounding during the testing phase and guards are stationed at all at-grade crossings. To read RTD's news alert, visit www3.rtd-denver.com/elbert/news. For more information about the G Line, please visit rtd-denver.com/g-line.shtml. To read general messaging regarding Train horns and quiet zones, download the RTD PDF.
Important safety tips for you and your family:
- Never trespass on any train track — it is illegal and dangerous.
- Cross the tracks only at designated crossings, always follow safety signage and obey warning devices like flashing red lights and gate arms.
- Stay alert and look both ways for a train — you may not hear them coming.
- Stay off station platforms until they are open to the public.
For after-hour emergencies, please call 303-299-3911. For additional information, please contact RTD at 303-299-6000 or visit www.rtd-denver.com.
- Customer Care: RTD 303-299-6000
- Crossing Gate Malfunctions: 303-299-3911
- After-hour Emergencies: 800-848-8715
- Additional Updates: www.rtd-denver.com/Fastracks.shtml
Power lines along the G Line (Gold Line) are turned on. These wires hold 25,000 volts of electricity and can be extremely dangerous. RTD asks everyone to please stay away from the tracks and the wires, and never try to touch or throw anything at them. Trespassing in active work zones is illegal and can be dangerous.