On March 20, City Council approved the construction contract for the West Woods Golf Club remodel project. The remodel and expansion of the clubhouse and replacement of the irrigation system are soon underway!
Beginning March 30 through the 2017 season, all Pro Shop operations will be conducted from the temporary facility located in the west end of the parking lot.
What to Expect
|Golf Course||Open||Open (check-in Cart Barn)||Open (check-in Cart Barn)||Closed||Open (check-in Temporary Facility)|
|Club House Restaurant||Open||Open||Open||Closed||Closed (limited snacks & bevs in Temporary Facility)|
|Clubhouse Pro Shop||Open||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|Temporary Pro Shop||Setting up||Setting up||Setting up||Setting up||Open for service 2017 season|
Restaurant Remodel Festivities: Three Nights of Specials!
Sunday, March 26: Family Night!
Monday, March 27: Mexican Buffet!
Tuesday, March 28: Thank You Night!
In consultation with City staff, Z-Design Group, LLC. has developed a design for the proposed clubhouse improvements at West Woods Golf Club. The following is an overview of the design.
- Expansion of the driving range tees.
- Incorporating a new short game practice area.
- Moving the putting green.
- Layout and flow of golf cart paths at the clubhouse will be improved.
- The character of the clubhouse will be "Refined Colorado Mountain" style.
- Natural materials such as stucco, wood and metal will be used and configured in a contemporary and updated appearance.
- Large areas of glass will provide views from the bar and restaurant with a warm glow of light identifying the entrance.
- The clubhouse entry will have an improved drop-off and bag-drop area.
- The entrance to the Main Lobby will be warm and welcoming.
- The entrance to the Golf Shop will be improved to be more conveniently placed closer to the entry drive.
- Adjacent to the new Lobby will be the Golf Simulator, where golfers will be able to challenge their friends on famous courses in the world of golf, as well as improve their game with training from the golf professionals.
- Guests will enter the Restaurant/Grill through the Main Lobby and will be greeted by a host/hostess.
- The Restaurant/Grill will seat 78 guests; an additional 20 guests may be seated in a covered outdoor dining area.
- There will be a large outdoor dining area providing additional seating.
- Centrally located between the Restaurant/Grill and the new Golfers Porch will be the new Bar, seating 36. This is designed to be a lively and energetic place with seating at the bar and large community table.
- There will be banquet area for smaller groups.
- The Multipurpose Room is similar to the existing room, with an improved opening for more capacity. This space is intended for flexible use – seating 48 for restaurant usage and 90 for events.
- The Clubhouse will have a new feature called the Golfers Porch. The covered area will seat 120 for events.
- The Golfers Porch will be used for restaurant dining, providing panoramic views of the golf course and the mountains beyond.
- At the northwest end of the Golfers Porch, there will be an Overlook Patio designed with the feel of a roof terrace, which will allow guests to enjoy sunsets and warm up by the fire pit.
- Restrooms for the Golfers Porch will be provided.
- The Golf Shop will be improved with new offices for the golf pro and assistants.
- A larger shop area and fitting room will be provided.
- The parking lot layout will be modified to increase the current capacity of 195 cars to 221 cars.
- The existing southern edge of the parking lot will remain unchanged.
- Existing golf holes 19 and 27 will remain unchanged.
- Additional trees will be planted along the southern edge of the parking lot to screen residential view of cars and to decrease the potential for errant balls in the parking lot.
- Staff and service areas will be improved.
- Kitchen, cart storage and administrative office areas will be expanded.
Rosa Kougl, Parks, Golf and Hospitality, Administration, 720-898-7400
Steve Lynes, West Woods Golf Manager, 720-898-7374
Kim Vagher, Manager of City Facilities, email@example.com.
In April of 2015, the Arvada City Council approved a resolution authorizing an agreement by and between the City of Arvada and Z-Design Group, LLC, for Architectural Planning and Design Services related to the West Woods Golf Clubhouse and a financial feasibility study by THK and Associates. The resolution represented the initial step in support of the City Council's strategic result that the West Woods Golf Clubhouse and related facilities be replaced by December 2019.
In consultation with City staff, Z Design Group developed a design for the proposed clubhouse improvements at West Woods Golf Club.
Summary of 2015 Public Feedback
During the summer of 2015, Z-Design Group conducted a full analysis of the existing clubhouse and developed conceptual design options with consideration of site studies, expansion, renovation or construction of a new facility. Two public meetings were held to solicit feedback from residents and golfers. Download the Public Open House Summary under Resources.