The final Open House Public Meeting to review prior community feedback and design progress is Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 6:30pm in the Fitzmorris Elementary School Gymnasium, 6250 Independence Street, Arvada, CO. Download the Public Meeting Flier.
The Neighborhood Outdoor Pool and Recreation Center is an Apex Park & Recreation District (PRD) and City of Arvada endeavor.
News and Updates
- On May 3, 2016, voters of Apex PRD approved the bond issue to fund six projects including the Fitzmorris project.
- In late 2016, Apex PRD hired an architect and a contractor to assist with final design prior to construction to ensure feasibility and best visitor value for the investment.
- The Final Open House Public Meeting is Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 6:30pm in the Fitzmorris Elementary School Gymnasium, 6250 Independence Street. Download the Public Meeting Flier.
- To learn more visit Apexprd.org/bond-projects
- Visit the Fitzmorris Park page for park planning information.
When the Fisher Pool closed, Arvada residents expressed a desire for another public pool and recreation center in the same area. Numerous studies and public outreach events have occurred since that time, including a Community Needs Assessment and the Ralston Recreation Community Center Survey, both in 2013. The Fitzmorris Pool & Recreation Center proposal seeks to fill the need identified in those outreach events. The City of Arvada has committed funding to help bring this project to fruition.
A summary of feedback received from the Public Events held in 2016 is available under "Related Documents" on the right sidebar.
City of Arvada Parks, Golf and Hospitality: 720-898-7400