Blunn/Pioneer Master Plan Overview
In the summer of 2015, the City began conducting a 30 year Master Plan for a 1,600-acre primarily undeveloped property located north of W. 64th Avenue, east of Highway 93, south of Leyden Road and west of Virgil Street. The Blunn/Pioneer Master Plan includes the Arvada/Blunn Reservoir, Tucker Lake, Pioneer Sand and Gravel quarry, and nearby open space areas.
Blunn/Pioneer Master Plan Final Report
The Arvada Blunn/Pioneer Master Plan final report, compiled by WENK and Associates, contains summaries of research and meetings conducted throughout the Master Plan process and public input received. The Report also contains staff recommendations that were provided to City Council on July 27, 2015, as outlined below.
July 27, 2015 City Council Workshop
At the July 27 City Council Workshop, Arvada’s Utilities Director presented recommendations that have emerged from the Blunn/Pioneer Master Plan staff and public participation process. These recommendations included:
- Coordinate the City’s reclamation activities at the Pioneer site consistent with already planned future uses including a water storage reservoir, Jefferson Parkway, relocation of the Arvada Modelers, trails and buffer zones.
- Include the bike park, dog park expansion, frisbee disc golf operational changes, new trails, and stone circles – teepee rings in the Parks Master Plan update. (For information on the Parks Master Plan Update, visit arvada.org/about-arvada/arvada-park-system-master-plan or call our Parks Department at 720-898-7393.)
- Further review the West Woods Golf Course Expansion consistent with direction to be provided by Council in the Clubhouse Development project. (For more information on the West Woods Golf Course expansion proposal, visit arvada.org/parks-and-recreation/west-woods-clubhouse-developmentor contact Facilities Manager Kim Vagher at 720-898-7681.)
- Budget to fence in the prairies dogs and the compost transfer station.
- Apply for grants for the solar generation center.
- Conduct noise and safety studies with public participation and input on the proposed police training facility and proposed shooting range, and present those results to Council for further consideration. (A separate public process will be conducted for these activities. Check back for updates.)
Pete Adler, Utilities Project Manager: 720-898-7782 or firstname.lastname@example.org.