NEW! In 2016 the Trails Day Festival will be combining forces with the Sustain Arvada Festival (previously held in May) and will incorporate all the activities traditionally associated with both festivals, including the Park-to-Park Half Marathon arvadaparktopark.com.
Arvada Trails Day - Come Explore with Us
Saturday, June 4, 2016 - 8:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Check out the video about Trails Day on YouTube!
New this Year: Three Locations
- Pick up a Healthy Places Passport To Fun at any location and complete activities at all three areas to earn a chance of winning exciting prizes like a bicycle, trekking poles and more!
- The Arvada Park to Park Half Marathon, 10K/5K and Family Fun Run start at 8:30 a.m. Register at ArvadaParktoPark.com, guided bicycle rides start at 9:00 a.m., exhibits and presentations from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- To explore all three locations, bike along Arvada’s bike-friendly streets and trails or take a free shuttle between all locations.
Majestic View Nature Center - 7030 Garrison Street
- Guided nature walks (3 miles) along historic canal trails connecting Two Ponds and Majestic View - walkers meet at 8:30 a.m. at either location and can ride the shuttle back.
- Recreational bike riders meet at 8:45 a.m. for 13 mile trail/street ride departing at 9 a.m., and family bike riders meet at 9:15 a.m. for a 5 mile trail/street ride departing at 9:30 a.m (meet at parking area on W. 72nd Ave., just west of Carr St.)
- Live animal presentations by: Denver Zoo, HawkQuest, The Downtown Aquarium
- Mad Science, kid’s activities and environmental education displays
- Nature, outdoor activity and urban farming demonstration booths
- Free refreshments
Ralston Central Park - 58th Avenue and Garrison Street
- The Arvada Park to Park Half Marathon, 10K/5K and Family Fun Run start at 8:30 a.m. Register at ArvadaParktoPark.com
- Sustainable Fine Arts & Craft Fair
- Multimodal transportation fun: Mini-bike rodeo, RTD bus, and try out the transit kiosks
- Food trucks with sustainable, healthy options
- Activity zones with free Zumba, yoga, and dance classes
- Exhibits include the latest in solar technology, water and energy conservation, locally grown plants, healthy food demonstrations, energy efficiency, recycling made easy, and low-cost transportation
- Exhibitors will provide information and demonstrate eco-friendly products and services to help you explore your sustainable lifestyle
Two Ponds National Wildlife Refuge - 9210 W. 80th Ave. (just east of Kipling Street)
- Guided nature walks (3 miles) along historic canal trails connecting Two Ponds and Majestic View - walkers meet at 8:30 a.m. at either location and can ride the shuttle back
- Live animal exhibits including The Butterfly Pavilion, Birds of Prey Foundation
- Environmental education displays and kid’s activities
- Free refreshments
- Self-guided nature walks on the Refuge trail system
- Face Painting
- Wildlife contraband display, Wild Birds Unlimited
Parking and Shuttle
Free shuttle service is available between Ralston Central Park, Majestic View Nature Center and Two Ponds National Wildlife Refuge. Parking is available at Ralston Central Park, Majestic View Nature Center and the Medical Center parking lot on the southeast corner of 80th and Kipling.
For more information call 720-898-7403 (Ralston Central), 720-898-7405 (Majestic View) or 303-289-0867 (Two Ponds) or visit arvadafestivals.org.
This event is brought to you by the City of Arvada Festivals Commission, Majestic View Nature Center, Two Ponds National Wildlife Refuge, the Arvada Sustainability Advisory Committee, the City’s Healthy Places Initiative, the Arvada Bike Advisory Committee, and the Arvada Park Advisory Committee.