Progress Update - week of June 17:
Work on both Indiana Street and 72nd Avenue continues this week with single-lane, alternating traffic utilizing flaggers (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m). Crews will continue continue clearing and grading activities.
Please note: West 69th Place will be closed at Indiana Street from 7 a.m. on Monday, June 18 until 7 a.m. on Monday, June 25 for drainage work.
The City of Arvada and contractor partner, Jalisco International, are beginning a year-long project to widen the intersection of Indiana Street (Colorado Highway 72) and 72nd Avenue.
Please note: Speed limit reductions are anticipated and fines are double within the work zone. The project is weather-dependent and the schedule is subject to change. Updates to the road closure schedule will be posted here as information becomes available, so check back often.
What to Expect
Indiana Street and 72nd Avenue--Currently
- Intermittent lane closures with alternating traffic from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- One lane in each direction will be provided whenever possible during working hours and when work is not taking place.
- Occasional night and weekend work is expected.
West 69th Place at Indiana Street closed--June 18 (7 a.m.) through June 25 (7 a.m.)
- West 69th Place at Indiana Street will be closed to all traffic for up to one week for drainage improvements. Signed detour will be provided. View detour map.
- The west leg of West 69th Avenue at Indiana Street will be temporarily closed for similar work later this summer. This work has been rescheduled due to utility conflicts.
Project completion is expected in summer 2019.
Plans to improve the intersection have been in development since 2013. This $7-million project is funded through the City’s Capital Improvement Project Fund. Planned intersection enhancements will improve the safety and functionality of the intersection. This project will raise the profile of the roadway to improve drainage, upgrade the traffic signal and provide additional capacity through the intersection. The new intersection layout has been designed to accommodate future traffic volumes. Two lanes in each direction will be provided through the intersection and Indiana Street will be widened to accommodate double left-turn lanes in both directions. Other project improvements include:
- New sidewalks and on-street bike lanes
- Undergrounding utilities
- Water line replacement
- Storm sewer upgrades
- Bridge expansion on 72nd Avenue over Croke Canal
Project hotline: 720-900-8670; project email: email@example.com.
To be added to the project notification list for future project updates, send a request to the firstname.lastname@example.org.