The City has experienced a significant growth in the number of residents over age 60. Senior citizens have unique public safety concerns.
Senior citizens in Arvada have a police detective assigned to their specific needs. This position was created to identify and provide for the concerns, problems, and service needs of older adults.
Senior Liaison Role
- Educate seniors in crime trends and crime prevention,
- Investigate crimes or suspicious activity involving seniors,
- Provide referral assistance for seniors for a variety of needs.
Contact Your Senior Liaison Detective Chris McCoy
You can find Detective McCoy at the North Jeffco Senior Recreation Center every Tuesday from 10 - 11 a.m. You can reach him in the following ways:
- Phone: 720-898-6724
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Arvada Police Department Criminal Investigations Bureau, 8101 Ralston Road, Arvada, CO 80002
Programs for Seniors
- Lockbox Program: This free program for seniors and at-risk adults provides police, fire, and Emergency Medical Service (EMS) responders with a key to the home in case of emergencies when the homeowner cannot respond to the door.
- Colorado Life Trak: wrist transmitters are available to Alzheimer's patients for tracking in case the person becomes lost.
- Scam Hotline: Listen to a recorded message concerning the most recent scams. Call 24/7: 720-898-6739.
- Other presentations include senior safety and trust issues, door-to-door cons, and the latest scams and frauds.