Passport fees are based on the age of the applicant and desired processing time. These fees are mandatory and set by the federal government. It is advisable to wait to complete your checks until you have had the opportunity to discuss your particular situation with the Passport Acceptance Agent.
Routine Service (New Application - Form DS-11)
These fees are payable to the U.S. Department of State and MUST be made by either a check or money order:
- Passport book age 16 and older - $110
- Passport book minors under age 16 - $80
- Passport card age 16 and older - $30
- Passport card minors under age 16 - $15
In addition to the above application fee, a $25 per application execution fee is payable to the City of Arvada and can be paid by cash, check, money order, Master Card or Visa.
- Passport photos - $10 per applicant – if taken here at the City Clerk’s Office.
- Expedite fee - $60 per application. If your passport is needed sooner than the standard processing time (usually 4 to 6 weeks), you may add this $60 to the U.S. Department of State fee and receive your passport in approximately 3 weeks. Passport processing time is discussed in more detail in the article titled “Passport Processing Time.” There may also be charges for overnight delivery shipping and receiving if needed.
- Overnight delivery - For any service (first-time application, renewal, additional pages, name change) to receive your passport as soon as possible, we strongly suggest that you arrange overnight delivery service through the City Clerk’s Office for sending your passport application and returning your passport to you.
Renewal fees (Form DS-82)
- Passport book, eligible adult applicants - $110
- Passport card, eligible adult applicants - $30
Pay this fee to the U.S. Department of State as instructed on Form DS-82.