If you have received a ticket (Summons and Complaint) from the Arvada Police Department, please read the front and back of your ticket carefully to determine which jurisdiction you are required to appear in. Arvada police officers can write tickets into the Arvada Municipal Court as well as Adams and Jefferson County Courts.
Arvada Municipal Court tickets will begin with one of the following prefixes:
- AM tickets are hand written, yellow, full page with additional information on the back of your copy.
- CE tickets are Code Enforcement violations, hand written, yellow, full page with additional information on the back of your copy.
- ET tickets are issued electronically on a long narrow print out (see example below)
- PK tickets are parking tickets in the form of an envelope
- The offense you are alleged to have committed
- The date, time and location of the alleged offense
- The date and time you are required to appear in court.
If you receive a traffic ticket, it is possible you will receive a plea bargain by mail. The plea bargains will inform you of the point reduction and fines and fees due. If you do not receive a plea bargain by mail you are required to appear in court as specified on your ticket.
If you are unable to appear on the specified court date, you must appear at the court office located at 8101 Ralston Rd. Court hearings will not be rescheduled over the phone. No one else can appear on your behalf. If you are a juvenile defendant under the age of 18, you are required to bring a parent with you to court.