On November 3, 2015 the City of Arvada will hold a Regular Municipal Election. This election will be a mail ballot election coordinated with Jefferson and Adams Counties. There are five Arvada City Council seats up for election: Mayor, Councilmember-at-Large, District 1 Councilmember, District 2 Councilmember, and District 4 Councilmember. Municipal elections in Colorado are "nonpartisan," meaning candidates do not run for election on a designated party ticket.
HOW DO I BECOME A CANDIDATE?
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a qualified elector in the City of Arvada
- Be a resident of Arvada for at least 12 consecutive months preceding the date of the election, and if you are running for a district seat, you must have lived for 12 consecutive months in that district.
The City Clerk's office has produced a manual for candidates that contains all of the information and forms necessary to run for City Council. You are encouraged to come to the City Clerk's Office on the third floor of Arvada City Hall, 8101 Ralston Road and visit with Christine Koch, City Clerk, or Kristen Rush, Deputy City Clerk. We would love to meet you personally and answer any questions you may have. We will also work closely with you throughout the campaign season.
We do provide the same basic information and forms here on our website if you prefer to get your information that way. You will need to download the forms and submit them in paper format to the City Clerk's Office. Please use the links on the right to access both information and forms. If you have any questions, please feel free to call:
- Christine Koch, City Clerk; phone 720-898-7545; email email@example.com
- Kristen Rush, Deputy City Clerk; phone 720-898-7546; email firstname.lastname@example.org