Skip Main Navigation
Passport Office Closed 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Monday,  March 19 The Passport Office will be closed between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Monday, March 19, 2018. Passport services will NOT be offered during that time...

Police Department Ask Arvada

Fender Bender - No Insurance

If you were involved in a minor fender bender with someone who does not have insurance, you could have the responsible party pay out-of-pocket for the repair.  If the total amount of damage does not exceed $1,500, it should not be a problem.  However, it is difficult to have an accident these days without causing damage in excess of $1,500. 

Failure to report the accident could result in loss of driver's license or a fine.  And more importantly, there is no obligation of either party to actually pay the damage and failure to report can place your friend in the difficult position of having to collect while admitting they did not complete a police report which is required by law.  When in doubt, report the accident to police. 

This information was brought to you by the department of Public Safety.

Check Your Request

Login to Ask Arvada

If you submitted a request, you'll get e-mail updates. You can login to Ask Arvada anytime to see the status of your request.

Public Safety and Emergencies

If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call dispatch 720-898-6900.