Skip Main Navigation
Ask Arvada Logo

Returning Guests

You can check on the status of any requests you've made by signing into Ask Arvada.

Sign into Ask Arvada

Police Department Ask Arvada

Victim Services

Arvada Police Department Victim Advocates (Victim Outreach Incorporated) have a number of resources available once they are familiar with the issues impacting a person. If the issue is not within jurisdiction of the Arvada Police Department or has a criminal basis, Victim Advocates would refer the person to the appropriate agency or dispatch. Advocates make it very clear that the person has a duty to report any allegations of a crime committed; however, most often, these compassionate professionals are a much needed ear and or shoulder in a time of need. If you have been physically or emotionally injured, or a member of your family killed as a result of a crime, you may be eligible for compensation for your financial losses through the Crime Victim Compensation Program. Funds for this program come from assessments collected from adults and juveniles who have been convicted of crimes. The Crime Victim Compensation Board, a three-member board of private citizens, appointed by the District Attorney, will verify each claim and award compensation. Applicants will be notified of awards within approximately sixty days. (This time frame can be different dependent upon the complexity of the criminal investigation.) You may be awarded compensation up to $20,000 for bodily injury or death, or damage to medically necessary devices. Compensable losses may include: reasonable medical and hospital expenses; loss of net income; outpatient care; homemaker and home health services; burial services; loss of support to dependents; mental health care; loss of eyeglasses, hearing aids or medically necessary devices; replacement of exterior residential doors, locks and windows and some security devices. (Damage to automobiles is not compensable.) To qualify for compensation, you must notify the police of the crime within 72 hours and cooperate with them fully. You also must apply for compensation within one year of the offense and within six months for residential physical property claims. You may not claim compensation: if injury resulted from the victim's own wrongdoing; if your claim is for pain and suffering only, or for other property damage not previously mentioned; or if your losses have been fully compensated from any other source. Arvada residents who wish to apply for compensation should submit a service request or call VOI at 303-202-2196.

This information was brought to you by the department of Public Safety.

Need More Information?

If the above did not address your question, explore our website for articles, documents, and more. You can also submit a Service Request 24/7. You can also visit our Department Directory or connect with us on Facebook and more.

Search for Victim Services

There is much more to explore! Search will find the best matches in 1,331 information articles and 5,162 files.

Submit Request for Victim Services

First-time Users: You'll have the opportunity to create an account when you submit a request or simply sign-in with Facebook.


If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call 720-898-6900.