Skip Main Navigation

Police Department Ask Arvada

Restraining Orders - Filing one

There are a number of different types of restraining orders for different purposes.  A restraining order is a court order barring the restrained party from having any contact with the victim.  They can be issued by either a criminal or civil court and there may or may not be a fee associated with them.  If the restraining order is related to a domestic violence situation there is no fee for either filing for or service of the restraining order.  Victims of domestic violence can contact either Project Safeguard in Adams County at 303-637-7761 or Women in Crisis in Jefferson County at 303-420-6752 for assistance in filing for a restraining order.  For non-domestic violence related cases you may contact your local county court.  In Adams County call 303-271-6145 and in Jefferson County call 303-654-3259.  For additional information and assistance regarding restraining orders please feel free to contact Victim Outreach Inc. at 303-202-2196 or by submitting a service request.

This information was brought to you by the department of Public Safety.

Submit a Service Request


If your Ask Arvada request pertains to a specific location (other than your address), please include details here. If a location is not relevant to your request, leave this field on Not Applicable.

Special Information (Required)


Please provide as much detail as possible. Do not include sensitive information (passwords, banking account numbers, credit card information, etc.).

Agree and Submit
By submitting this form, you are agreeing that you have not included any sensitive information such as passwords, social security numbers, and banking details. You are acknowledging that you are aware that the data contained in this form is being transmitted through GovOutReach, the tool that the City of Arvada uses to manage requests.

Check Your Request

Login to Ask Arvada

If you submitted a request, you'll get e-mail updates. You can login to Ask Arvada anytime to see the status of your request.

Public Safety and Emergencies

If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call dispatch 720-898-6900.