Skip Main Navigation
Ask Arvada Logo

Returning Guests

You can check on the status of any requests you've made by signing into Ask Arvada.

Sign into Ask Arvada

City Ordinance & Code Enforcement Ask Arvada

Setbacks for Property Lines

Prior to construction of additions, or structures, all distances from property lines (setbacks) must comply with the City code. View more information regarding building distances from property lines (setbacks).  After reviewing all the setback requirements, if you believe you may not meet those requirements, you may apply for a variance before the Board of Adjustment. 

The application and process pertaining to the Board of Adjustment can be obtained by submitting a service request or call Planning at 720-898-7453. 

This information was brought to you by Community Development.

Need More Information?

If the above did not address your question, explore our website for articles, documents, and more. You can also submit a Service Request 24/7. You can also visit our Department Directory or connect with us on Facebook and more.

Search for Setbacks for Property

There is much more to explore! Search will find the best matches in 1,328 information articles and 5,162 files.

Submit Request for Setbacks for Property

First-time Users: You'll have the opportunity to create an account when you submit a request or simply sign-in with Facebook.


If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call 720-898-6900.