Since moving to Arvada in 2002, Bob has been actively involved with the community through youth activities and sports, Ralston House, the Arvada Community Food Bank and Historic Olde Town Arvada. He is a member of Arvada Jefferson Kiwanis and the Arvada Historical Society, and a graduate of the Transit Alliance Citizen's Academy.
Bob was elected to represent all of Arvada as an At-Large Councilmember in November 2011 and again in 2015. He currently serves as Mayor Pro Tem. He immerses himself and advocates on behalf of citizens and organizations to strengthen our community.
Bob is in leadership within the telecommunication and information technology industry, focusing on complex and strategic business opportunities and investments.
He is a recipient of the President's Volunteer Service Award and the APEX Service Excellence Award.
He is currently the City Council representative to the following Boards and Committees:
- Arvada Municipal Court/Judicial Committee
- Arvada Fire Protection District Coordinating Committee
- Arvada Golf Advisory
- Arvada Council for the Arts and Humanities (alternate)
- Jefferson County Transportation Advisory and Action Committee (JEFFTAAG)
- Denver Regional Council of Governments: Administration Committee, Governance Committee, Metro Vision Issues Committee
- Colorado Municipal League: Vice Chair of Colorado FirstNet Governance Board
Previously, Bob served on other Boards and Commissions including:
- Jefferson County Schools Coordination Committee
- Arvada Council for the Arts and Humanities
Bob is married to RaChelle Fifer, and expresses great pride in having a wife who supports and encourages his civic duties to our community. Bob and RaChelle have three sons, who actively participate in local charities, sport teams and giving back to the community through their schools.