Skip Main Navigation
Skip to Content

Sign Code

The City of Arvada sign code addresses larger wall signs, the number of wall signs, freestanding signs, digital electronic signs, portable signs and street banner signs.  In addition, an ordinance was adopted for the use of A-frames and flutter flags by commercial establishments on a temporary bases.  Following are the required sign permits:

  • Freestanding or Wall Sign Permit
  • Digital Electronic Sign Permit
  • Vertical Street Banner Sign Permit
  • Horizontal Street Banner Sign Permit
  • A-frame and Flutter Flag Permit

For more information please contact Code Enforcement at 720-898-7465.

The sign code is being updated.  Click here for more information on that process.

Common Sign Questions

What signs are prohibited?

  • Anything in the public right-of-way
  • Any moving sign (except flutter flags which are temporary signs)
  • Dancing tubes
  • String Pennants
  • Bandit or snipe signs (The little plastic signs on stakes)
  • Anything attached to a utility pole, light pole or bench.

What type of temporary signs can I have?

There are a number of temporary signs that you can have.  Check the resources for detailed information.

  • Inflatable signs
  • Banners
  • Human signs or sign twirlers
  • Window signs
  • A-frame signs
  • Flutter flags

Contact Information‚Äč

  •  Main Telephone Number:
  • Email:
  •  Street Address:
    8101 Ralston Road, Arvada, CO 80002


Applications and guides

Frequently Searched Topics