Before you Apply
Thinking about building a new home in Arvada? If lot is over 10,000 square feet a site development permit must be obtained.
Below are the required documents that must be filled out completely and submitted with permit application or the permit will not be accepted. Custom Home Plans will require that the Plan Review Fee is paid when the permit is dropped off for review. Permits require 2- 4 weeks for repeat plans and 4- 6 weeks for custom or master plans/approximately. Any delay in your reply to our questions will affect the time to get any permit approved.
- 4-Plot Plans/8-1/2" x 14" Maximum size.
- 2-Building Plans/Complete structural, elevations & braced wall lines must be specified on plans.
- 2-Basement structural floors with ventilation and moisture mitigation plan.
- 2-Foundation Plans stamped by a Colorado Professional Engineer.
- 2-Truss packs stamped -105 Exp-C 30lb snow roof.
- 1- Rescheck www.energycodes.gov if doing total UA design for energy code compliance.
- 1-Hers rating performance design for energy code compliance.
- 1-Drainage Plan with contours separate from site plan.
- 1-Heat Calculations/Manual J and D.
- 1-Application filled out completely.
- 1-Soil Report.
- Unless otherwise noted by building department that the building could be Exposure C.
Approvals for permit issuance is required from Planning, Engineering and Building Inspections
Inspections can be scheduled until 6:00 a.m. of the desired inspection date. Inspections are completed Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. All inspection can be scheduled using arvadapermits.org or by calling 720-898-7630 and using the automated line. A 3-digit inspection code is required.
Certificate of Occupancy
- All final inspections are completed. Final Building, Electrical, Mechanical and Plumbing. CO-Public Improvement
- Tap fees have been paid in full. If you pay with non-certified funds you will have a two week wait before the sign off can be complete. Please contact Utility Billing.
- Review arvadapermits.org to make sure all of the reviews are completed by the following departments:
- Utility Billing
- Building Inspection
- Request CO at building counter.