Skip Main Navigation
Skip to Content

Business Licenses

  • Published
  • Updated
  • by Finance

All retail, commercial, home-based and service-based business located within the City of Arvada are required to have a business license. Any other business that regularly sells, leases, rents, delivers or installs tangible personal property within the city limits is also required to have a business license. Zoning must approve all in-city businesses. 

Business License Forms

Apply for or update your business license today! It is free, easy, and you can do it online. Visit licensing tools to get started. 


Whether you're working on an addition or conversion, just about any work on a structure in Arvada requires licensing. If you're a contractor, please explore Contractor licensing information.  


Whether you're having a special event or need a liquor license for your business, get the information you need for liquor licensing. 

Tax Information

The City of Arvada is a home ruled city, which means we collect our own taxes. The city tax rate is 3.46% The State of Colorado collects State, County and RTD tax. 

Transient Merchants and Food Truck Vendors

Transient merchants and food truck vendors must apply for a permit. Once approved and fees are paid to Planning, a business license will be issued which expires one year from date of issue. Special events are licensed at the event level, so individual participants are not required to have their own business license to participate.

More Information on Arvada Sales Tax

Please explore the Online Sales Tax Portal to find out how to register for and use the City's online sales tax system. Educational videos are available for your review. If you have questions or need additional information, please contact the Revenue Division at 720-898-7100.