Celebrate Arvada’s 12th Annual Arvada Trails Day--A Free Family Event
Saturday, June 1, 2013 ; 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Majestic View Nature Center - 7030 Garrison Street
Two Ponds National Wildlife Refuge - W. 80th Avenue
just east of Kipling Street
Walks and Bicycle Rides begin between 8:45 & 9:00 a.m. See information below.
This event is hosted by Majestic View Nature Center and Two Ponds Wildlife Refuge. Both sites offer a beautiful setting to walk/bike the trails and participate in family friendly activities.
“Arvada Trails Day affords families the chance to learn about the numerous opportunities in our community to appreciate our great outdoors,” Karen Miller, Director of Majestic View Nature Center.
Events Connecting Both Venues:
- Two 5K trail walks with a park naturalist along historic canal trails connecting Majestic View and Two Ponds. Meet at 9:00 a.m. for a 9:15 a.m. departure at either Two Ponds (on 80 th Avenue just east of Kipling) or at Majestic View Nature Center.
- A 20 mile free bicycle ride, for this “rough ride” meet at 8:45 a.m. at Majestic View Community Park north parking lot (west of 72 nd and Carr) for a 9:00 a.m. departure and travel along Van Bibber Creek, Blunn and Ralston Creek Trails. The ride includes brochure and map, expert guide, porta-potties, great scenery, and a free gift. Helmets are required.
- A 6 mile family friendly free bike ride, this ride will meet at Majestic View Community Park at 9:15 a.m. for a 9:30 a.m. departure and travel towards Two Ponds and return. Helmets are required.
At Majestic View Nature Center (7030 Garrison Street):
- Live animal presentations by the Denver Zoo and Hawk Quest
- Pet an Alpaca from Ancient Treasures Ranch
- Nature and outdoor exhibits
- Eco-Fair and Arvada trails information
- Kids’ activities
- Arvada Trails Information
At Two Ponds National Wildlife Refuge (80 th Avenue just east of Kipling)
- Live raptors from the Birds of Prey Foundation
- Environmental education displays and activities
- Exhibits by Colorado Parks and Wildlife and Wild Birds Unlimited
- Wildlife photography, face painting
- Interactive poetry
- Self-guided nature walks along the Refuge trails
A free shuttle service will be offered between Majestic View and Two Ponds. Parking is available at Majestic View Nature Center and at the Medical Center lot on the southeast corner of 80th and Kipling.
This celebration is organized by the Arvada Festivals Commission, Majestic View Nature Center, Two Ponds National Wildlife Refuge and the Arvada Park Advisory Committee.
For more information and/or to volunteer for this and other Arvada Festivals Commission’s events, please contact 720-898-7400 or visit arvadafestivals.com.