About the Pinwheel Gardens
April is Child Abuse Prevention Month. Bright blue pinwheels are a symbol of child abuse prevention awareness across the nation. Pinwheel gardens demonstrate to child victims and their families that the community supports them.
Ralston House is Planting Hope with its gardens. Their goal is to raise $55,000 for Ralston House services in 2016 from gardens and from selling individual pinwheels and to raise awareness of child abuse in the community. Three to four large gardens will be planted, and we are asking the community to plant small gardens.
How You Can Help
Please join Ralston House in Planting Hope, and you can be a part of spreading the message of prevention and help Ralston House meet its goal of $55,000.
To get started on your pinwheel garden:
1. Call Ralston House to order a garden kit containing 50 pinwheels, signage, pamphlets and a collection envelope.
2. Collect donations for pinwheels at your location for $5 each.
3. During the month of April, plant the pinwheel "garden" at your location with the sign provided to explain the project.
4. Write a check to Ralston House for the money collected. Your goal is to raise at least $250. If you are unable to reach this goal, simply return the pinwheels and money collected to Ralston House.
5. Email us a photo of your garden. We will post it on ralstonhouse.net.
About Ralston House
Ralston House is a nationally accredited nonprofit agency that helps children and teens who are suspected of being sexually or physically abused by providing comprehensive services in a child-friendly atmosphere. Ralston House's mission is to stop the abuse and start the healing.
For more information, visit ralstonhouse.net.
Tara Roesener, Development Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org, 720-898-6752.