Arvada, CO . . . Arvada’s Media Services Division took home several awards from the 31st Annual Government Programming Awards sponsored by the National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors (NATOA). The awards program honors excellence in broadcast, cable, and multimedia programming produced by local government agencies. This year NATOA received more than 850 entries, up 7% from the previous year, submitted by local governments across the country.
“Our winners demonstrate unparalleled creativity and commitment to keeping communities informed, entertained and connected,” commented NATOA President Jodie Miller. Arvada Media Services won the following:
- Sports Programming: Bubble Soccer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyw_GIDVYew
- Children/Young Adults: Dinky Dunkers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGGgt8aRUtg
- Community Awareness: Garden Tour https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJaFQgEgngY
- Magazine Format Series: Veterans’ Voices https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bQnOjG5fMA; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4rA2vhmhDo
- Public Information Series: Arvada Works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAmmxHFdoGQ
- Public Education: Snow Buddies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=756xCzAsCok
The Colorado Communications Utility Alliance (CCUA), the local chapter of NATOA of which Arvada is an active member, also was named the NATOA chapter of the year. Arvada cable subscribers can watch the City's programming on Channel 8. All programming is also available on the City's website at www.arvada.org and on Arvada's YouTube channel. The full list of award winners across the country can be viewed at www.natoa.org.
NATOA is a national association representing local government jurisdictions and consortiums, including elected and appointed officials and staff, who oversee communications, broadband and technology. NATOA’s annual Government Programming Awards recognize excellence in broadcast, cable, multimedia and electronic programming produced by local government agencies. For more information visit www.natoa.org.