(Arvada, CO) –The City of Arvada’s Healthy Places Initiative is designed to build communication and improve connections among southeast Arvada neighborhoods, parks, trails, and the future Gold Line transit stations. These efforts will make it easier to walk, bike, play, and be physically active in Arvada.
To this end, the Healthy Places Initiative is sponsoring a community grant program for the development and implementation of healthy programming during 2015 and 2016. Programming is required to target residents of southeast Arvada. For grant boundaries, please see the 2015 Healthy Places Project Nodes to the right.
Fitness instructors, neighborhood leaders, and community organizations are encouraged to apply! We want to hear your ideas around creating fun, affordable ways to be active in southeast Arvada.
Grants of up to $5,000 are available with a total funding pool of $22,500. The application deadline is April 24, 2015 at 2 p.m.
- The grant application can be downloaded from the following link: https://arvada.org/links/fetch/31560
- Types of programs that are eligible for grant funding include:
- Fitness classes in the park
- Neighborhood walks and group bike rides
- Yoga, Tai Chi, Zumba and Dancing
- Be creative, we want to hear YOUR ideas!
For questions or more information, contact Rose Chavez, Healthy Places Coordinator, email@example.com or visit HealthyPlacesArvada.org.