Salary Range (2013)
- Police Officer: $4861.04 to $6668.55/per month. Candidates with prior law enforcement experience may be hired at a level within the range pursuant to lateral entry guidelines.
- Police Recruit II: $4463.54/per month.
- Police Recruit I: $4325.52/per month.
Non-certified applicants are hired as Police Recruits until successful completion of the academy and the Colorado P.O.S.T Examination.
Vacation Accrual (sworn)
- 224 hours per year for 1-4 years of service
- 256 hours per year after 5 years of service
- 304 hours per year after 10 years of service
- 352 hours per year after 15 years of service
- 96 hours per calendar year
The city offers two health plans administered through Cigna Health Care. Single and family coverage are available. Dental and Vision insurance are also available.
The retirement system for police officers is a self-directed money purchase plan. The city matches the officer's contribution to the plan.
Accrued at eight hours per month with no maximum accumulation.
10-hour/4 day work week (Patrol and Investigations); 8-hour/5 day work week (Administration).
The City provides uniforms for its police officers, including footwear and body armor. Officers are responsible for the purchase and maintenance of their service weapon.
Dry Cleaning Services
Paid by the city for sworn officers and uniformed civilian employees.