The sanitary sewer system allows waste water from our homes and businesses to safely flow to a wastewater treatment plant. Each year about 3.4 billion gallons of wastewater is transmitted for treatment to Metro Wastewater Reclamation District at 6450 York Street near Commerce City.
The Wastewater Division is responsible for the maintenance and continuous operation of 410 miles of sanitary sewer mains and 9,500 manholes by:
* Jet cleaning sanitary sewer mains once every two years to remove build-up and prevent clogs.
* Using video, inspecting sanitary sewer mains once every seven years.
* Rehabilitating, replacing, or repairing deteriorated sanitary sewer lines.
Storm Sewer System
Stormwater flows off of roofs, roads and sidewalks during precipitation events and is carried into local streams by way of gutters and storm sewers. The Wastewater Division is responsible for maintenance of over 140 miles of storm sewer lines, 50 miles of underdrains, 2,800 inlets, and 600 outlets, including:
* Jet clean, video inspect and/or rehabilitate storm sewers
* Clean storm inlets and remove blockages of leaves and debris
To report problems Monday through Friday, between 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, call 720-898-7770.
To report emergencies after-hours, call 720-898-7820.